Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Natural Essentials

Before I started putting together my lip balms, I did a lot of research on the benefits of certain oils and  herbs.  So many of mother nature's creations do wonderful things for our health.  I thought I'd share a little of this knowledge with you, at least for the oils that are being used in my lip balms.  Goodness knows I read up on others, but I'll post on those when I have products that feature them.

Lavender
Lavender is an incredibly hardly plant that is easy to grow and care for.  This is great because lavender has so many healthy properties and it smells amazing!  Lavender herbs and oils can be used to help relax spasms, ease digestion, and help with cramps.  It's a natural anti-septic and anti-depressant.  It works great on burns and helps heal and prevent scarring.  It's great for treating eczema and acne and is even a natural insect repellent.
                                      Peppermint
If you're like me and you have mint growing in your garden, you probably hate it.  But don't fret!  Peppermint is actually an incredibly useful herb.    Peppermint is a  natural decongestant.  It's also used to treat sore throats and to ease respiratory pain.  It's a great winter time herb!  Peppermint tea can be used to help with indigestion and is used to help relieve menstrual cramping.



Orange
I think everyone's mom has clean with orange oil at some point.  Between it's beautiful aroma, anti-tumoral, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties, there is little orange oil can't be used for.  I use sweet orange oil in my lip balms and they are great for chapped lips.  You'll stay germ and bacteria free while those lip heal.

Cocoa Powder
Okay, I know technically cocoa powder isn't an herb or oil, but it still does some pretty awesome things.  First off, cocoa or cacao powder produces a natural euphoria when ingested.  I don't recommend eating my lip balms, but just the smell is enough to make you happy.  Cacao also contains high levels of antioxidants which helps to heal and prevent skin damage.  I make Chocolate Mint lip balms so you get a double dose of goodness.

Be sure to check out my lip balms when they go up for sale.  Now that you know some of what goes into the planning process, I'm sure you'll appreciate seeing the final product!

Love!
Heather












No comments:

Post a Comment